We are happy to announce Acrobatiq’s first Intelligent Courseware available for faculty to use in courses starting January 2014.
You may be asking yourself, “Who is Acrobatiq and what exactly is courseware?
Acrobatiq (Ac-ro-bat-ic) is not just another ed tech/adaptive learning start up. We’re in the unusual position of being a new company with a long history. Backed by Carnegie Mellon, we’re building upon the work of its Open Learning Initiative, a pioneer in online learning. Our Intelligent Courseware design is based on 10+ years of research, and tested in hundreds of classrooms.
A simple way to think about courseware is that it’s like a textbook, only smarter.
- Contains content you assign students to work on outside of class.
- Covers all the topics in your course.
- Includes the reading that a textbook covers.
- Complements your teaching.
What makes courseware intelligent?
Unlike a textbook, Intelligent Courseware is a more thorough and integrated learning solution that pulls together disparate parts of a course for faculty. Readings, multimedia, assignments, practice, and formative and summative assessment are combined into a cohesive, well-designed learning product. Then, faculty can use tools we provide to make changes to the courseware to better suit their needs.
- Involves students in learning by doing, with hundreds of embedded activities.
- Provides immediate & targeted feedback to keep students on track.
- Pinpoints what students know (and don’t), so you can provide targeted help.
- Won’t break the bank. Costs students less than the average textbook.
- Works with your LMS.
- Arms you with online tools, and real-time data and insights to measurably improve learning outcomes.
Intelligent Courseware may just be a smarter way for your students to spend their time outside of class, actively building up their foundation of knowledge.
For the first time, you know what students are learning (and not).
One of the benefits of students interacting with learning materials on the Web is that you can actually measure learning. For the first time, at a very granular level, you can see what students are learning, and what they’re not.
And then draw causation. The assessments embedded within Acrobatiq courseware tell you the level of skills, knowledge and outcomes students have for each course; for each module and unit in that course.
Textbooks can’t do that. Nor do textbooks let you monitor student progress in real-time, provide targeted feedback, or make timely course adjustments.
Intelligent Courseware does. Explore Acrobatiq Intelligent Courseware today, and decide for yourself whether it’s a smarter alternative for you.