The Acrobatiq team is proud to present the launch of Platform v2.013 — code named Operation Top Secret.
Platform v2.013 focused on resolving content stability bugs within the platform and courseware; the final testing and bug fixing for multilingual content authoring; and designs for a new view of the Smart Author courseware homepage.
Also as part of Platform v2.013, the Acrobatiq engineering team held their first “Hack-a-thon” to target some longstanding internal projects. The team rallied around the offices in New York and Rosario for two solid days of coding and exited the other side with some top-secret but super awesome efforts that we’ll be rolling out in the future.
New Features — As part of v2.013, there are 2 new features:
- Searchable Smart Author Home – a new UI to make viewing courses and blueprints from within Smart Author a breeze. Tag blueprints with relevant info, search and filter, check course status, and achieve general all-around info awesomeness. Now available from the Smart Author home page.
- Prerequisite “Getting Ready” module authoring is now in Beta! Using these tools, authors will be able to design prerequisite tests which present a learner with questions designed to test readiness, and display “getting ready” content based on their performance.
Platform Improvements — v2.013 includes 4 platform improvements:
- The slideshow dynamic media element is now accessible to the max.
- The Beta content block had some funky text sizes in the tables, which we’ve since cleaned up. Keep an eye out for further rollout of the new content editor – a part of the hack-a-thon this past iteration that I’m not supposed to talk about but am sneaking down here into an improvement so no one notices. Shhhhh.
- It used to be stupidly hard to control the image height for in-line images. It should be much easier now.
- Numeric and text Input questions, as well as equation input questions, will now display in the answer key. Just in time for some serious math action.
Platform Bugs — v2.013 includes 13 bug fixes throughout the platform, including:
- Lots of functional fixes for the new courseware landing page in limited release.
- Videos going missing randomly should now stick around where you put them.
- Various fixes to the prerequisite authoring tools.
- Functional hint buttons for fill-in-the-blank questions.
- The “Back to Course” link in a rubric now returns you back to the course, instead of just refreshing the page.
Next up in Platform v2.014
Platform v2.014 will bring with it the launch of multilingual content authoring and editing, lots of platform fixes for authoring and delivery, and a big push for math courseware support.
Until next time,
The Acrobatiq Product Team