- Create online experiential learning opportunities for graduate students, regardless of their location and visa status; and
- Empower students to translate knowledge gained through their coursework into applied skills through projects with real parameters, constraints, and consequences.
Sounds like Northeastern is returning to its roots with this focus on relationships to employers and an emphasis on experiential learning.
where we are seeing a lot of growth. So we designed the Experiential Network projects for them.
- Working professionals that are looking to make a career change. Some of our students may have experience but in a prior field. They’re looking to get relevant work experience in their new direction. This program provides them that opportunity.
- International students who want experiential opportunities while pursuing their academic studies and don’t want it to count against their CPT or OPT. This program is also great for international students who might be in their home country on a break from their studies, but want to apply what they’ve learned into experiential context.
- Online learners that may be in a region that doesn’t have a vibrant employer ecosystem, or the type of work that they’re looking to move into.